Sana Lake Recovery; is a uniquely different addiction and mental health treatment center from the vast majority of centers in the country as we solely focus on delivering better outcomes for our members measured in terms of quality of life. Our system of care models the addiction programs for physicians and airline pilots which have achieved materially better outcomes than the typical treatment center over a long period of time. Our staff delivers highly personalized care using dynamic treatment and recovery plans managed by specialized care coordinators. Treatment is holistic and evidence-based across a full continuum of care, from acute to chronic care programming with extended care support for five years or more. Programming is delivered by professionally credentialed medical, therapeutic, clinical, and peer specialist staff. Frequent assessments are conducted of the members’ progress in achieving goals they can reasonably attain to adjust the treatment plan as needed. The staff are highly trained and credentialed professionals that care about the member finding recovery for life in everything we do.
Our facilities, from medically monitored detox to residential, outpatient, recovery supportive housing and transportation, are warm, calming, and comfortable for optimal healing and recovery. Many describe our facilities as world-class, but however they may be described, it is a healing environment that engenders longer-term connections with a community of like-minded people who first come into treatment not wanting to be there, who find our facilities to be where they want to be.
Our acute care detox and residential facility is strategically located on stunning, serene, and private 55 acres just west of St. Louis, MO. We offer the only dedicated 24/7 medically monitored and staffed detox unit of its kind in the region. Urgent access to medical, psychiatric, and behavioral assessments and outpatient services are housed in modern state-of-the-art Behavioral Wellness Centers in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri. Our recovery supportive housing is located in safe neighborhoods in St. Louis with one- and two-bedroom multi-family units with 24/7 staff supervision and transportation provided for Behavioral Wellness and other recovery supportive services.
As amazing as our properties and programming might be, the most important part of Sana Lake is our staff. We are blessed to have people at all levels in the organization who are deeply passionate about helping others find recovery for life. This passion cannot be manufactured. It happens every day in many small unknown actions when a staff member goes above and beyond to connect with the member, or in big ways where a life is saved. Staff have the freedom to do what they believe our members need to achieve their treatment and recovery goals. Freedom is an amazing gift that we cherish and earn every day.
-Paul D. Melnuk, CEO-
The charge nurse provides staff guidance, supports challenging situations, and implements urgent policies and procedures. Charge nurses also monitor patients, provide education, and assist where needed. The charge nurse is given the staffing schedule and patient census and will create the assignments, procedure schedules, and physician communication.
• Demonstrates the willingness to accept responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor.
• Coordinate with physicians and nursing supervisor to ensure adequate nursing unit support
• Delegate tasks and patient assignments to nurses and unlicensed assistive personnel
• Identify potential patient safety issues that may result in injury, illness, or other complications
• Manage shift safety, adherence to policies, and compliance with regulations
• Monitor and assist with admissions and discharges
• Support colleagues with resources and hands-on collaboration as necessary
• Understanding of accreditation regulations i.e., DMH and TJC
• Ensure that delegated audits are completed and report to the Nursing Supervisor / Assistant Nursing Supervisor with any concerns.
• Willingness to be on call one weekend a month.
• Possess excellent skills in communication
• Efficient organization and leadership.
• Competent in making quick decisions
• Evaluating the quality of patient care
• Resolving staff conflicts and anticipating problems before they arise.
• Knowledge of ASAM guidelines and Criteria
• Previous addiction nursing.
• Demonstrates proficiency in Verbal & Written Communication
• Knowledge of state guidelines and accreditation agency standards
• KIPU experience a plus
• Organization is Key to the role
Must be available for orientation and training Monday-Friday
All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a background check and drug testing.
Sana Lake Recovery, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.