Sana Lake Recovery; is a uniquely different addiction and mental health treatment center from the vast majority of centers in the country as we solely focus on delivering better outcomes for our members measured in terms of quality of life. Our system of care models the addiction programs for physicians and airline pilots which have achieved materially better outcomes than the typical treatment center over a long period of time. Our staff deliver highly personalized care using dynamic treatment and recovery plans managed by specialized care coordinators. Treatment is holistic evidence-based across a full continuum of care, from acute to chronic care programming with extended care support for five years or more. Programming is delivered by professionally credentialed medical, therapeutic, clinical and peer specialist staff. Frequent assessments are conducted of the members’ progress of achieving goals they can reasonably attain to adjust the treatment plan as needed. The staff are highly trained and credentialed professionals that care about the member finding recovery for life in everything we do.
Our facilities, from medically monitored detox to residential, outpatient, recovery supportive housing and transportation, are warm, calming and comfortable for optimal healing and recovery. Many describe our facilities as world-class, but however they may be described, it is a healing environment that engenders longer term connections with a community of like-minded people who first come into treatment not wanting to be there, who find our facilities to be where they want to be.
Our acute care detox and residential facility is strategically located on a stunning, serene and private 55 acres just west of St. Louis, MO. We offer the only dedicated 24/7 medically monitored and staffed detox unit of its kind in the region. Urgent access to medical, psychiatric and behavioral assessments and outpatient services are housed in modern state-of-the-art Behavioral Wellness Centers in St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri. Our recovery supportive housing is located in safe neighborhoods in St. Louis with one- and two-bedroom multi-family units with 24/7 staff supervision and transportation provided for Behavioral Wellness and other recovery supportive services.
As amazing as our properties and programming might be, the most important part of Sana Lake is our staff. We are blessed to have people at all levels in the organization who are deeply passionate about helping others find recovery for life. This passion cannot be manufactured. It happens every day in many small unknown actions when a staff member goes above and beyond to connect with the member, or in big ways where a life is saved. Staff have the freedom to do what they believe our members need to achieve their treatment and recovery goals. Freedom is an amazing gift that we cherish and earn every day.
-Paul D. Melnuk, CEO-
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Overview: The Executive Director is responsible to oversee the daily operations of the facility to include plant operations, support services, nursing and health services, and administration.
Works effectively with the facility leadership team to ensure success of the facility by completing the following:
1. Works with department directors, supervisors, and corporate staff to coordinate activities of the multiple departments.
2. Review performance data as indicated to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
3. Ensure development, implementation and follow through with compliance activities as it relates to accreditation standards and licensing regulations, including client rights.
4. Establish, implement, and maintain departmental policies, goals objectives and procedures, conferring with Executive Leadership Team.
5. Ensure timely staff orientation, education, and supervision.
6. Work with Executive Leadership to determine staffing requirement, and interview candidates as needed. Work closely with the HR and credentialing departments to ensure criminal history and credential background checks have been reviewed and verified.
7. Establishes clear lines of responsibility and accountability within direct reporting departments.
8. Provides facility reporting information to appropriate Leadership, as indicated.
9. Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well maintained.
10. Review payroll and invoice with directors for employee, contractors, and vendors.
11. Establish and maintain liaison relationships and communication with facility staff, service providers, support community resources and members.
12. Ensure that admission process with members are conducted in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures.
13. Ensure the company’s policies and procedures for emergency services and situations are followed.
14. Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed including, but not limited to infection prevention and boundaries with members.
15. Ensure plan of correction, licensing deficiencies and complaint reports are addresses as required by the State’s Licensing Agency in a timely manner.
16. Assist with employee relations issues as they arise.
Other duties assigned.
QUALIFCATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s degree and two (2) years of experience as defined above OR Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience as defined above. OR Associates Degree with 8+ years’ experience as an operations director as defined above.
• With Master’s – two (2) years of fulltime, administrative, or supervisory experience in a licensed substance use disorders treatment facility.
• With Bachelor’s – five (5) years of fulltime administrative, or supervisory experience in a licensed substance use disorders treatment facility.
• Associates Degree with 8+ years, years of fulltime administrative, or supervisory experience in a licensed substance use disorders treatment facility.
Knowledge and Training Required At Time of Hire:
• Principles and practices of the behavioral health industry; Joint Commission standards; State license related regulations; State and federal statues regarding patient confidentiality laws; Drug Free workplace policies; Workplace violence; Administration Management; Customer and personal services; Personnel and Human resources; Economics and Accounting; Mathematics; Computers and Electronics.
• Proficiency in reviewing performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Ability to ensure follow through with compliance activities as it relates to accreditation standards and licensing regulations.
• Demonstrate the ability to function as a collaborator by working with corporate leadership to determine staffing requirements, and interview candidates on the director level.
Licensure and Certification:
• Basic First Aid
• Ability to maintain licenses / certifications as required by the Company policies and State regulations.